“Unable to save registration data to your disk” When Attempting to Manually Register a Premium AntiSpam License for Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange
this is becouse
The installation path was not configured in the bmiconfig.xml file in the bmiconfig file it should be like this
but it was showing c:\path-to\base-dir.
we need to change it to get it work
then try to run the coommand
register.exe -c “c:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\SMSMSE\6.5\Server\SpamPrevention\Bmiconfig.xml” -l C:\Temp\112345.slf -p proxy.domain.com:8080 -a Administrator:password -v
An error occurred
Symantec Premium AntiSpam registration failed on the server sefver01
The product will not receive spam definition updates until registration completes. If a valid license file has been provided, the console will display that the license is installed and will re-attempt registration when the feature is enabled via the console.
To troubleshoot the registration issue, do the following:
1. Ensure that a valid, up-to-date Premium AntiSpam license is installed.
2. Confirm that the server has network and internet access.
3. Verify that DNS can resolve https:aztec.brightmail.com.
4. If using a proxy server, allow outbound secure https through firewall (port 443), for all users.
5. If using a proxy server, see the documentation for manually running Register.exe.
Unable to save registration data to your disk. Please check available disk space or permissions, and try again.
no more information
When Attempting to Manually Register a Premium AntiSpam License for Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange (SMSMSE) in a proxy environment: “Unable to save registration data to your disk. Please check available disk space or permissions, and try again.”